The global warming , environmental pollution and depletion of natural resources, from food to energy, are the real enemies, diseases of our era that threaten the earth as ever, in billions of years, had happened. According to scientists and experts, there is no time to lose: practicing a sustainable lifestyle , starting immediately with small daily gestures, is what we can do to help the Earth and guarantee it a better future. Here are some simple, effective and important ones.
How to reduce pollution: 10 tips to save the earth
1. We turn off the light when we leave the rooms, and we don’t leave TV and Computer in Stand By, with the little red light: they consume uselessly. We replace the old light bulbs with the LED or fluorescent ones, we keep the fridge at 5 ° C or more and the heating not above 21 ° C, checking that our houses are well insulated. The resources we consume are still largely derived from oil or gas. They pollute and are not renewable. Pulling the plug is the first way to consume less, have cleaner air and a less warm climate.
2. We install , if possible, solar and photovoltaic panels . The technologies to collect and use the renewable energy of the sun, wind or tides are increasingly cheaper and more effective, and the more we use them, the more we can avoid polluting emissions by reducing the need for oil and geothermal gas.
3. Let’s move on foot . To reduce pollution we use the car less and prefer public transport or the bicycle, which keeps fit and does not pollute. Combustion engines are still one of the major causes of air pollution, the greenhouse effect and global warming. Airplanes and cars are indispensable means, God forbid, but if we learn to use them sparingly, waiting for electric and hybrid engines to be more accessible, the Earth and the Sky will tell us thanks!
4. Before throwing, let’s think about it! If we have objects, furniture or clothes that we no longer need, let’s think first if there is someone we need and give them away. Those in need will appreciate, and by reducing disposal processes , as well as saving costs and energy, we will contribute to reducing pollution.
5. We throw the garbage in the dustbin, and we do the recycling ! Chemical, plastic and metal wastes are still among the worst causes of pollution of the oceans and emerged lands. Some, like cigarette butts, take years to decompose. We use the baskets, therefore, and we separate the waste : the organic ones will be used to produce energy, fertilizers or vegetable polymers. Metals and synthetic plastics, on the other hand, can be reworked and, instead of polluting, be useful in a thousand ways. In this regard we remind you that the Sant’Anna BioBottle is biodegradable (except for the cap and the label!), It must be thrown away in the wet and reduces pollution.